How are you all faring? Good I hope.. Keep holding on to God’s strength and you will not fall.
Today I want to share with you guys something I believe is very essential for our spiritual growth.
From a very popular passage, Proverbs 3.
Starting from verses 3-4,
Love and faithfulness are the secret to winning favour and a good name in God’s sight and among men.
Solomon said “. . bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.”
By “them,” He was referring to:
- Love: for God, love for others, love for yourself.
- but take note: you cannot truly love yourself if you do not accept God’s love for you. And if you cannot truly love yourself, you cannot genuinely love God or others, because the bible says “love your neighbour as yourself. So basically, the first step to obeying the most important commandment God gave us is to accept the love He has freely given through His son, Jesus Christ.
Second, Solomon mentioned:
- Faithfulness: in the things of God, in your job, in your school work, in your research projects, in your volunteer activities, in your giving, tithe and offering, faithfulness in serving/helping others, and even in holding God to His promises, stay faithful.
In my last entry in 2016, I shared my church’s prayer and declaration for the year with you guys: “The year God’s oil of favour overflows me by divine commandment.”
Reading these verses made me feel like God was showing me a secret weapon into claiming this overflowing favour in 2017, and I wanted to share it with you guys today.
Besides people who share together, stay together, innit?
Lol. Moving on to Vs 5 – 6;
“As you hold on to love and faithfulness, do NOT hold on in your own strength.
Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and lean NOT on YOUR own understanding. Acknowledge Him in ALL your ways, and He will surely set you on the right path.
- I don’t know about you all, but I’ve been needing specific directions from God, and I’m learning that when you pray a prayer like “Lord let your will be done” and genuinely mean it, when you genuinely let go, stop worrying and trust God COMPLETELY with ALL your heart to let His will be done, whether you sense it or not, He will set you on the right path. The end of vs 6 says, “…He will make your paths straight.”
The fact that you do not receive specific directions from God, does NOT mean He has not set you on the right path.
- Do not think for even a second your success was/is by your power. Anything you did that seemed to work came solely from the Holy Spirit. He should get ALL the glory. As you make God the super star of every life story you tell, you acknowledge and reinforce your complete trust in Him.
Don’t be wise in your own eyes, Fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring you good health.
- Again, do not be wise to “fear God and shun evil” in your own strength, you will fail. Take that from someone who is actively learning to be disciplined. Rather in your walk with God, and in your effort to shun temptation, keep running to Him. Let God be Your rest/hiding place. When it seemes you are about to fall, run to Him with everything you’ve got. Hide in Him. Re-declare your trust in Him as a faithful God. He will lift you up and this will bring “health to your body and nourishment to your bones.”
Honor the Lord with Your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing.
- This right here is a promise found everywehere in the bible. Give and it will be given to you. Let go. Let go of the money, the seemingly “perfect opportunities,”the items you value so much…Let it all go and trust Him. Put Him first.
- As you do, He will fill you up to OVERFLOWING. This is a promise straight from the promise-keeper.
I pray you guys really get to meditate on these words. I would love to hear from you so please share your lessons, testimonies, prayer requests, etc in the comments or via email at email@example.com. Feel free to also like and share this entry using the various social media icons below.
Have a lovely week,